SAN DIEGO BEACHES, GOLFING AND OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
Enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean 365 days a year! With 70 miles of pristine coastline, San Diego offers some of the best and most popular beaches in the world. From soft, sun kissed sand, to rocky cliffs, the San Diego beaches offer something for everyone. Go snorkeling and explore the tide pools or just relax and get a tan underneath the warm Southern California sun.
- Mission Bay (7 miles)
- Point Loma Cliffs (7 miles)
- Ocean Beach (7 miles)
- Mission Beach (7.5 miles)
- Pacific Beach (9 miles)
- Coronado Beach (10 miles)
- La Jolla Beach (11 miles)
- Torrey Pines State Beach (14.5 miles)
- Del Mar Beach (18 miles)
- Imperial Beach (18 miles)
- Solana Beach (20 miles)
THINGS TO DO AT THE BEACH
Rent a kayak, go snorkeling, charter a boat and go deep sea fishing, learn how to surf or get SCUBA certified…the possibilities are endless.
- La Jolla Shores Surfing Lessons. Learn more.
- Kayak Aqua Adventures La Jolla. Learn more.
- Sport Fishing. Learn more.
- Boat Rentals. Learn more.
- Harbor Cruises. Learn more.
SAN DIEGO GOLFING
Hampton Inn by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley in only one and half miles from the Riverwalk Golf Club in Mission Valley. Riverwalk Golf Club features 27 holes of magnificent golf and is considered one of the region's best golf courses. Visit website.
OTHER NEARBY GOLF COURSES:
- Torrey Pines Municipal Golf Course (15 miles)
- Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club (18 miles)
- Eastlake Country Club (18 miles)
- Steele Canyon Golf Club (20 miles)
- Salt Creek Golf Club (20 miles)
- Maderas Golf Club (25 miles)
- La Costa Golf Club (28 miles)
HIKING & BIKING IN SAN DIEGO
Enjoy pristine pines and wildlife as you trek your way through scenic wildlife preserves and desert landscapes. San Diego is a hiker's paradise complete with fresh air, moderate weather and miles of well-groomed trails. Click here to learn more about San Diego hiking trails.
From expert dirt paths to leisurely beachside roads, there are plenty of choices for bike riders visiting San Diego. Click here to learn more about San Diego biking.